In this episode, Jeff Boss does his weekly five minute recap.
Today on the podcast we do a recap of the week. In Episode 10, Ed “Skip” McLaughlin was on the show, an entrepreneur, president, CEO, you name it, he’s done it. Skip is also the author of the book, The Purpose Is Profit. It is a book filled with his story of how he got to where he is, how he started up, and how he failed. The book also includes a tangible roadmap, business plan strategies for soliciting and pitching investors. It is an all-in-one for those just starting out and those who want to take their business to the next level. The single greatest takeaway from the interview with Skip was his introduction of the phrase “distinctive competence”, which is the element, skill, expertise, and knowledge that makes you unique. If you look at how any entrepreneurs succeed, they do so because they find a niche and in that niche they have leveraged their own distinctive competence to fill it. Skip also shares about the importance of having a mentor, someone to guide you and help you in your journey to success. Finally, in Episode 11 we review the incredible comeback and mental performance of Tom Brady and the Patriots. A significant comeback requires resilience, focus, a distinctive competence, as well as the belief that you have that distinctive competence in order to move the ball forward.
Key Points From This Episode:
- Hear a recap of Skip’s book from Episode 10, and why you should read it.
- Recap the phrase “distinctive competence” and how it can help you succeed.
- Understand how distinctive competence is offering what no one else does.
- Review the importance of having mentor or coach to challenge your thinking.
- Learn why it is critical to have someone who broadens your mindset.
- Hear a recap of Episode 11, mental performance, and the comeback mindset.
- Why the mental performance of Tom Brady and the Patriots in Super Bowl 51 will be studied for a long time.
Tweet: “You don’t need a bunch of yes men or women bowing to your every request. You need someone who’s going to tell you how it is, based on what they know.” @purposeisprofit via @jeffboss9 on #thechaoscast http://bit.ly/chaoscast — [spp-timestamp time=”0:02:46.0″]
Tweet: “To come back in anything requires some resilience.” via @purposeisprofit on #thechaoscast by @jeffboss9 http://bit.ly/chaoscast — [spp-timestamp time=”0:03:29.0″]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
The Purpose Is Profit — http://www.thechaoscast.com/resources/